– Click on Add a new module in the top right corner
– Import the scrapingbot.zip archive
– Click on Install
The module is ready to use!
4 • Module configuration
The configuration of the module is divided into 4 parts:
4.1. Parameters tab
– Enter your ScrapingBot username and API key
– Click on Check your connection. If your information are correct and your subscription is active, a window will appear and the Your subscription will be updated.
The subscription part :
• Show on product page: Choose whether or not you want to display the prices of competing platforms (merchants) on your product pages.
• Choose display hook: Indicate where on your product page that you want to show the comparison table.
• Number of prices to display: Enter here how many competitor prices you would like to display on your product page. We recommend a maximum of 5 prices.
• Allow super proxies: This option allows you to retrieve the prices from websites that are more tricky to scrape, Amazon for example.
4.2 Advanced Tab
• Sender’s Email: If a price is not successfully retrieved, a button will allow you to request an investigation to the ScrapingBot support team. ScrapingBot team will get back to you on e-mail address you provided here.
• Number of product per cron and Time to update a price : Set up the quantity of URLs to process, at what time and at what frequency. We recommend to leave the default parameters, as we cannot guarantee that the module will work correctly if you set higher values.
• Enable logs: In case of recurring problems, the support team may ask you to enable logs.
4.3. Cron Tab
This section gives you details about how to set up scheduled price collection tasks (called cron tasks).
4.4. Platform Management
The platforms are retail websites from which the prices will be retrieved. They are used for the product part (see 5.) and for the price display on the product page.
– To add a platform, click on the + button.
– Fill in the platform details.
– The logo will be used for the price display on the product page.
– Activate allows you to chose wether or not you want to show this platform on your product pages.
– Click the save button
5 • Adding a URL to a product
In the administration of a product page
– Prestashop 1.6: an additional tab
– Prestashop 1.7: In the Modules tab, the ScrapingBot module appears. Click on Configurate
The same table will be presented in both versions.
Paste the URL of your product in one of the listed platforms.
After clicking the save button, you can click the Collect the prices now to manually start the price retrieval.
You can start a price collection at any moment with this button, independently from the cron tasks.
6 • List of retrieved prices
In the administration of your Prestashop, there is a ScrapingBot link in the catalog part.
This page allows you to see the history of retrieved prices. You can filter them by product, platform or last updated date.
You can also export the list in csv format by clicking on
Web scraping may appear simple initially, with a multitude of open-source libraries, frameworks, scraping APIs, and extraction tools available that can save you time when collecting data. However, when you need to extensively scrape and gather data, you may encounter … Read More
Scraping-bot.io is proud to offer a powerful and easy-to-use web scraping tool for apartments.com. Our scraper is designed to help you extract valuable data from apartments.com quickly and efficiently, giving you the insights you need to make informed decisions. With … Read More
Web scraping is essential to keep an eye on the most dynamic markets. We’ve started by developing an API for retail, and have now released a real estate scraping API Below, we’re going to test ScrapingBot on a real estate … Read More
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.