Used well, web scraping is a life saver. It allows you to collect the data you need, parse it in a reusable way. We know how important it is for you to have accurate and up to date data. Since … Read More
Prestashop Web Scraping Module
Prestashop Web Scraping Module
If you are managing a Prestashop retail site, this is going to be great news for you!
You can integrate ScrapingBot Prestashop addon on your website to monitor your competitors prices directly from your Prestashop Dashboard.
Cool functionalities include being able to show or hide your competitor’s prices directly on your product page to highlight your competitive prices!
• Minimum version: PrestaShop 1.6
• Web Server: cURL functionality installed and enabled
• Need to create an account on https://www.scraping-bot.io/login-scraping-bot-user-account/
and retrieve your Username and API KEY
• Download the Prestashop module .zip ⤵
Simply use the built-in installer on Prestashop:
– Go to Modules
– Click on Add a new module in the top right corner
– Import the scrapingbot.zip archive
– Click on Install
The module is ready to use!
The configuration of the module is divided into 4 parts:
4.1. Parameters tab
– Enter your ScrapingBot username and API key
– Click on Check your connection. If your information are correct and your subscription is active, a window will appear and the Your subscription will be updated.
The subscription part :
• Show on product page: Choose whether or not you want to display the prices of competing platforms (merchants) on your product pages.
• Choose display hook: Indicate where on your product page that you want to show the comparison table.
• Number of prices to display: Enter here how many competitor prices you would like to display on your product page. We recommend a maximum of 5 prices.
• Allow super proxies: This option allows you to retrieve the prices from websites that are more tricky to scrape, Amazon for example.
4.2 Advanced Tab
4.3. Cron Tab
This section gives you details about how to set up scheduled price collection tasks (called cron tasks).
4.4. Platform Management
The platforms are retail websites from which the prices will be retrieved. They are used for the product part (see 5.) and for the price display on the product page.
– To add a platform, click on the + button.
– Fill in the platform details.
– The logo will be used for the price display on the product page.
– Activate allows you to chose wether or not you want to show this platform on your product pages.
– Click the save button
In the administration of a product page
– Prestashop 1.6: an additional tab
– Prestashop 1.7: In the Modules tab, the ScrapingBot module appears. Click on Configurate
The same table will be presented in both versions.
Paste the URL of your product in one of the listed platforms.
After clicking the save button, you can click the Collect the prices now to manually start the price retrieval.
You can start a price collection at any moment with this button, independently from the cron tasks.
In the administration of your Prestashop, there is a ScrapingBot link in the catalog part.
This page allows you to see the history of retrieved prices. You can filter them by product, platform or last updated date.
You can also export the list in csv format by clicking on